Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Refusing Dawn

“Outside… I’m masquerading,

Inside…My hope is fading..”

                                           Smokey Robinson, from  ” Tracks Of My Tears”

                         –              –            –             –               –

                     REFUSING  DAWN,  AND  GUTS  FOR  LOVE

I can Recognize, but hell,

I can’t Realize so well.  

I’d drink more coffee but my cardiologist insists I don’t

I’d drink more coffee but my heart man

prescribes “not so smart, man”.

I’d think more whiskey would push me

to bask at last in a primal light,

but my general practitioner generally frowns

about practicing until I get it right.

I’d read more

but eyes see less.. I digress,

I’d come 2/pray more/give in/give more/dream-sleep in/weep for once/

walk the lit dark like I used to/

take the darklight I’ve refused to.

I can Recognize, but hell,

I don’t Realize so well.

[Via http://namelessneed3.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment