Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Customer Isn't Always Right, But They Are Still The Customer.

It’s a motto I carry with me. I do everything I can for my customers, and more sometimes. I have gone out of my way for them, and for the most part care about all of them. But with that being said, they are not always right in every situation. They are still people, and people sometimes bend the truth in their own favor. Doing warranty work for a customer is where this comes into play. The manufacture clearly states that they will warranty only what has failed from quality or workmanship of their product. But customers try and push that limit, because they broke said item. But instead of fessing up, they blame the part breaking on a quality issue. I have seen it time and time again. But instead of blowing the customer off, I do what I can to resolve the issue with what is fair for all parties. Showing them why it cannot be covered and what it will take to remedy the situation. 99% of the time it works, and 1% it doesn’t, you can’t please everyone.

So moral of the story, take the time to listen and explain to the customer what you can and can’t do for them. Because even if they are in the wrong, it doesn’t mean you don’t want them to ever come back.

[Via http://whoscolin.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment