Saturday, November 21, 2009

Happy Holidays

It has been awhile since I have been able to make a post, but it is really nice to have a few extra minutes out of my day to sit down and getaway into SL.  The cold weather always brings my favorite time of the year the holidays.  Yes I am one of those people who shops early for gifts, plays holiday music all day, fill my home with holiday scents and decorates in time for Thanksgiving.  So why not in SL?  Well my bf and I are not that quite organized in SL but slowly we are sorting out the sim in time for a warm and cozy holiday dinner with close friends to sip eggnog and hot apple cider in front of our warm fireplace.

This year I am starting a new holiday tradition with my friends in SL.  Yeah we can do the traditional holiday dinners in SL and gift exchange, but why not get creative with ideas to spend quality time with those that make your SL one of a kind. This year I have decided to invite my friends over a few days throughout the month to have an all out blast to decorate gift boxes, snowmen, ornaments, gingerbread men/women etc. It does take time to setup create and/or buy the items you need, so make sure to plan it out well.  (*Just a side note make sure to check the permission of items when purchasing to make sure they allow you to share them. )  Once you have all your supplies, arrange them in order and set them to buy at 0L.  It is a really good idea to set out an example you have created so your friends can have ideas while assembling together their very own project.  Make sure you have a variety of items, for example, for a snowman create a cone nose, twisty nose, twig from a branch nose and so on then everyone can choose from several different pieces to make their very own creative one of a kind snowman.  Why not set your sim/parcel radio to holiday music when everyone is there to share the holiday spirit. Even if it is a bit artsy/crafty/Martha Stewarty you get an opportunity to spend time with your very special friends.

If you have further ideas you want to share, leave me a comment I would love to read what is on your mind!

Today I chose to wear something too keep me warm in these freezing cold temperatures.  There is nothing more classic and warm than a heavy wool coat, tights and boots.

Style Notes

Coat – KUROTSUBAKI Red Poncho

Tights – Twosome Cozy Gray Tights

Skirt – LeLutka Paine Mini in Chocolate (group gift)

Boots – Kookie Pomski Boots in Light Kelp

Hair – Truth Micah in Dune

No comments:

Post a Comment