Monday, October 12, 2009

no YOU'RE so vain

I like some old Carly Simon music.  I think she’s alright.  But when I read on the CBC news website that Carly Simon is suing Starbucks for crap CD sales I thought, STEP-OFF Carly.

Not that I’m trying to defend Starbucks.  I worked there for a long time, I loved the people I worked with, my blog is even named after the way one of my customers ordered his coffee, but I wouldn’t necessarily jump to bat for them–part of the reason I quit was the generous 4 cent raise they gave me.  Ouch.

Legally, I can understand why Carly Simon would sue if they failed to meet their end of the contract, but according to the article, Starbucks claims they met their obligations.  Only my hairdresser knows for sure.

But the point of this post, and my favourite thing about this debacle, is a user comment on the CBC article page:

TRUTH! Carly.  GroovyGreta holds nothing back.

I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment